Broadcast and Recording Studios
Studios are acoustically complex spaces requiring detailed analysis during design to ensure that the spaces are suitable for recording or broadcast. The Hush Acoustics staff has worked on many studio projects including broadcast radio stations, satellite radio facilities, and television studios.
Typical services for a studio include:
- HVAC noise control: this is the most important and most challenging task, especially for projects in cities such as Washington, D.C. where there are building height restrictions and the correspondingly low ceiling heights which require shallow ventilation ducts
- Room acoustics issues such as reverberation time, echoes, and modal analysis
- Acoustical privacy through walls, wall penetrations, windows, doors, ducts, and floor-ceiling assemblies
- Site noise evaluation due to traffic, aircraft, and penthouse mechanical equipment
- Post-construction commissioning to ensure compliance with acoustical goals