Religious and worship spaces
The acoustic environment of religious spaces is a critical aspect for worship, especially for services which involve music, non-amplified speech in large spaces, and isolation from unwanted outside noises. We work to provide a comfortable and appropriate noise environment by advising on interior finishes for optimal room acoustics and reduction of exterior noise both from adjacent spaces and system HVAC.
- Review design drawings for acoustic privacy between spaces.
- Review mechanical drawings for HVAC noise to meet often stringent design goals.
- Review and recommend acoustic finishes to achieve the desired reverberation time.
- Review special function areas for unique acoustical problems.
- On site measurements for troubleshooting, post-construction compliance testing, or to benchmark an existing space.
Good Shepherd Catholic Church
Morgan Gick McBeath & Associates, PC (MGMA) designed the Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Alexandria, VA. Hush Acoustics visited the space after it was built and provided recommendations to improve the acoustical quality of the sanctuary.